Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Question . . . (Read 62 times)
Oct 3rd, 2018 at 8:05pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

If I take my 69 sports car and convert it to 500+ hp AND lose weight, is she a muscle car?
Just curious . . . .

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 4:36am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I would have to say yes , but it's still a classic  C-3  Cool
So if you enter it in a show you can pick your class. you're gonna love it.....
Gotta mention this I took the 68 for a drive last Sunday & was going up a hill & I noticed the Ford P/U trying to catch me so I got in it just enough to piss him off. We came to a light on a hill together & he was gunning his engine then the light turned. This is a place where lots of trucks frequent anyway he took of & barely cherped the tires...I gunned it & the tires smoked until I got to 6K then the engine sputtered (I have a shutoff at 6k) anyway I went about 30 ft & all I saw was his tail lights & had to listen to my wife screaming at me. Moral of the story is don't do this on slippery roads & leave the wife at home.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:36am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

LOL!
I hope she is still talking to you!  Grin

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:58am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

She's good & be careful with all that power she'll spin out faster than you can blink. When you pass a car make sure you're pointing straight or you can spin out real fast. You'll be able to burn rubber in all gears at almost any speed......have fun...I grin ever time especially when I smoke a car costing 10 times the value of a new VET  Cheesy I remember Binnie saying it was intimidating to follow the 68 BB..it does rumble
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 1:20pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I appreciate the advice!
Maybe I should get a box of depends for the first few drives!  heh heh!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 1:43pm

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

It helped when I installed the 17" tires...15" tires in the rain was like driving in the snow...it was actually dangerous. I couldn't leave a light without sliding. Of course I never drive it in the rain unless I get caught in a thunderstorm.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 2:23pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Since I have the electronic throttle pedal, I was thinking instead of a straight line input, maybe I could but a graduated curve in it.

So, at lower pedal push I get minimal changes then as I push harder the throttle increases on a curve.

Not sure I can do that but I suspect I could. Maybe tame the car a bit if you don't get on it.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:53am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Sounds like a good idea to me at least until you get used to it. Sometimes I just start out in 2nd & go to 4th. But you have a auto so it should be easier to control at low speeds. Make sure that back drive train is up to speed & you do have half shaft loop protectors right? I installed all spicer HD ujoints & beefed up half shafts that can handle 1000hp. I couldn't fit a drive shaft loop protector in the 68 but I did upgrade the drive shaft.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 7:59am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

I forgot to add that my original rear leaf spring was not strong enough to handle the tq & the rear would squat so hard that the fender hit the tires.  I called VBP & explained the problem & they fixed me up with the right spring (fiber). This was a while ago & I had to purchase longer bolts in the rear to keep the rear down( I went with 5/8" X 9" grade 8 bolts) which are bigger than the stock 1/2" bolts. So now it won't hit the tires but it comes close when you nail it Roll Eyes
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.