Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET. WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES. WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Watkins Glenn (Read 226 times)
Mar 8th, 2019 at 12:56pm

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

Anybody interested in going to Watkins Glenn Raceway NY for opening day April 6 2019. ten dollars to run 5 laps this year on this road course. they do limit your speed but you could hit over 100 mph certain areas. All for Charity. Ann and I are each taking a Corvette this year. she wants to drive the C4 and of course I am taking my 2009 Z51. Let us know

Mike B
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2019 at 12:57pm by annmike »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:38pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

years ago I did a thing called Kerbeck's toys for tots run on the Atlantic City Expressway the State Police actually closed off the expressway from the only service plaza (Farley) and the Corvettes would stage there and at noon you could drive wide open for 18 miles down to exit 2 and muster at a stadium for a meet and greet all that was required was a new unwrapped toy sadly a few years ago some yahoo in a C-6 ruined this event for everyone else when he got on it a bit too aggressively and crashed into another C-6 so they put a stop to it. there's a youtube video of it (Corvette crash Compilations) but yes, If I still had mine I'd interested. have fun! and be safe
................Chris Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:39pm by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 1:23pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

To far for me until it gets a little warmer. I've had the 68 over 130mph & it handled great. The 73 & 77 get squirrely when you approach 90 mph. I know the 68 was raced at one time & I believe the low frt plus the flared fenders & the slight spoiler in the rear make a difference. If I had a roll bar I wouldn't be afraid to go flat out whatever that is.... Cool on a track. I'm guessing somewhere between 160 & 180mph.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 8:09am

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

It should be fun no doubt, last year they closed the track at 1pm due to fog and water on the track. I will get some pictures up for all to see.
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 12:23pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I look forward to the pictures!
Scott

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.