Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

7-18-2019 (Read 76 times)
Apr 26th, 2019 at 2:47pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE IS JULY 18 AND IT'S GOING TO BE A MIXED BAG OF EMOTIONS FROM LONG TIME FANS OF THE CORVETTE. I PERSONALLY AM RESERVING JUDGEMENT UNTIL I ACTUALLY SEE ONE IN PERSON BUT, THERE IS ONE MOVE I'M ABIVILENT ABOUT AND, THAT IS THE ELIMINATION OF A MANUAL TRANSMISSION. THERE ARE HISTORICAL MOMENTS WHEN A MANUAL WASN'T OFFERED, 1953-54 & 1982 BUT, AS A FAN OF THE MANUAL I FIND THIS MOVE A BIT DISAPPOINTING. STILL, AS LONG AS CHEVY CAN KEEP THE CAR 'AFFORDABLE" IT SHOULD FARE WELL. AND, GIVEN THAT THE BOWLING GREEN FACTORY HAS ADDED A SECOND SHIFT, THAT TELLS ME PRELIMINARY ORDERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN TAKEN AND THOSE ORDERS BEAR THE NEED FOR THE ADDITIONAL WORKFORCE. SO, LET'S WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN 3 MONTHS OR SO.
.................CHRIS  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2019 at 2:48pm by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2019 at 4:17am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

It's been so long since I've had a "stick shift" car of any kind, I've almost forgot how to shift. LOL
At this stage with a bum knee, and you have a bum knee automatic is welcomed. My Ram truck has 8 speed automatic... which would be a LOT of shifting.
So, yeah... automatic is fine with me.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2019 at 5:43am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

yellowjacket wrote on Apr 27th, 2019 at 4:17am:
It's been so long since I've had a "stick shift" car of any kind, I've almost forgot how to shift. LOL
At this stage with a bum knee, and you have a bum knee automatic is welcomed. My Ram truck has 8 speed automatic... which would be a LOT of shifting.
So, yeah... automatic is fine with me.

Jack,
I understand completely but it’s just the fact that they are eliminating a choice it’s bad enough that they push packages instead of options there and for a car that is built per order (factory tour quote)there was a time when ordering a car and selecting options was a common practice and you could equip your car the way you wanted now, it’s take it or leave it
..........Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2019 at 3:06pm

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Well I for one love driving a stick shift. I think you get a much better experience especially in a sports car.  GM is probably doing this because cell phone usage & lots of the younger generation can't drive a stick anyway & it's probably cheaper to keep it simple.  I've just about had it with GM anyway.  I'll never get a new vet anyway so I really don't care either way.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2019 at 6:52am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I am really looking forward to seeing the new C8.
It will be a totally new car and a dream come true from the 70's as a mid engine.

A Mule showed up at bowling green and looked pretty nice for what one could see.

The new mid engine look can be hated and folks could say it is a copy of European exotics or folks could look at it as an evolution of even better handling and overall performance! Either way it will take some getting used to!

I say BRING IT ON!

I hope she retains some visual queues of vettes gone past! But hey, I hated they removed opening headlights in the C6 but after owning and driving a C6 I completely forgave them! I assume the same will be true for the C8!

Who is going to get to see one live and in person first here on the forum??

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #5 - May 2nd, 2019 at 5:34pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Can't wait to see on myself when it shows up around the NW, but we usually get it last...

IP Logged

Reply #6 - May 30th, 2019 at 6:44pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

I personally agree with Alan about driving a stick shift especially in a sports car! absolutely loved "rowing" through the gears in 1he '77. and the 6 (C-5/6) AND 7 speeds (C7) were about as much fun as you can ask for, very responsive and just plainly a better experience as for having bad knees?? if you don't use it, you lose it.
..............Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.