Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Nissan 2014 Rouge (Read 40 times)
May 15th, 2019 at 4:51am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I found a nice Rouge about 2 yrs ago for 14K & 30K miles. Had the complete history & only needed tires. Use it for the business & my daughter drives it. About 2 months ago a hispanic side swiped it in front of her house one evening..got him on film but never found him. Got the car repaired actually better then it was then last week 2 hispanic women rear ended her at a light. What pisses me off she could not show proof   of ins & got to drive away. So the wonderful State Cop just wrote up an accident report & issued no tickets...if that was me I'd probably be hauled away. The cops don't care as it just wastes there time
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 15th, 2019 at 1:44pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Sorry to here that.

I was rear ended years ago in a multi car pileup. All caused by one driver on city streets not stopping for cars at a stop light.

That driver had no insurance as required by the state. Had I done that at a minimum I'd have received huge fines. Possibly jail time as one of the cars had an injured pregnant lady. The driver at fault? Promised he had insurance and no ticket was written.

OH life.
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2019 at 3:42pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

I have and have always carried more Insurance than the State requires and it's a good thing my son rear ended a brand new GMC Terrain the guy was stopped in the road with no flashers or brake lights on and before my son realized the car wasn't moving--bang-totaled the 2005 Chrysler Sebring Kim and I purchased last July for our two new teen drivers so, the police issued no tickets at the scene either which I found kind of strange, my son was definitely at fault, the Terrain owner was an older gentleman and he was extremely good about it. my Insurance is taking the hit (which means I'm taking the hit) but it's okay there was nobody injured and that's the most important thing. I don't know how people (illegals mostly) get away with this crap of having NO insurance. boggles the mind sometimes.
............Chris  Smiley
p.s. we just purchased a 2006 Audi A4 Quattro for the kids to use hopefully they both have gotten the accident bug out of their systems (Daughter totaled my Impala last August and Son totaled their car  last week) Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2019 at 3:50pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Just sick Alan... those hispanics were probably illegal aliens too. Just the problem Trump is trying to fix. I also remember when your daughter got rear ended while we were visiting ten years ago, they had no insurance either.

Chris, Your kids are having a bit of bad luck lately aren't they.

Scott, the cops probably got him later after they found out he lied about having insurance. That's usually a bigger fine and jail time. However, the cop at scene was lazy as if they don't have proof of insurance, their supposed to be cited.

I see tailgaters here on I-5 all the times, like ten cars going 70 miles 1/2 a car length apart. That is Russian Roulette. One time on 405 in heavy traffic, someone in front of me slammed on his brakes, car in front of me hit him, I was three car lengths back and had room to stop pulling to the left side of lane, when I looked behind me, the car missed me, hit the car in front and ended up with four more cars behind me all rear ended the front car. I learned the trick of always looking behind as well as the front instantly in situations like that and pulling to the side... from my motorcycling days.

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.