Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
I have a story for you guys on a C7 & C8 (Read 1226 times)
Sep 20th, 2019 at 2:54am

JackMoskovita   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I miss my C3!

Well, I have a story to tell you about both, a C7 & C8. I may post in both categories, but I’ll start here.

I got this email last week from a Corvette & Bible study friend of mine, Pastor Vic. We’ve gone to Cruise In’s in the past and I took a quite a few pics of his C7. 

Jack,

I’ve ordered a mid-engine Corvette through Gilchrist Chevrolet. Production starts December. I hope mine will arrive around spring. Torch red, 3LT trim in dipped natural, spectra gray machined wheels, high wing spoiler and ground effects body kit. Check out the Corvette configurator site.

Vic

Dr. Vic Varkonyi
Pastor and Church Consultant

I then asked if he’d be interested in selling the C7 to me when he got his new C8. His response:

Jack,

I completed the design target on the C7 Vette with a carbon fiber Z06 style spoiler and a painted carbon flash metallic "stinger" on the hood vs. a stinger decal. Decals don't hold up. I would love to sell it to you come this spring or when the C8 arrives. $40K is the current Kelly Blue Book retail value with $32-36K trade in value. I would sell it to you for $30K

Vic

Okay, some details:

On getting the C7 Corvette, it depends if I'm in a house by late winter or early spring. It has to do with my pastor friend that I've gone to cruise ins with and I also did Bible Study in his group until I lost all my hearing. This is the Corvette he bought new, special custom ordered in 2014 and flew back to pick it up and drive it back home. 
https://moskovita-photography.com/VicVarkonyi2014corvette.htm
You will see my last red Corvette at the top and in a couple other spots in there. I took the photos and did the website.
It was one of first of the new generation C7 that was built. He is the only owner and has all the records since then and it has always been garaged and babied. Now he has custom ordered another new Corvette, the all new mid-engine C8 generation Corvette, that will be build in early 2020. Since we're friends and that Corvette is paid off, he will hang onto it for me and not sell it unless I don't have a house by early Spring when his new one is done. By then he will have to sell it to make room in his garage. Not often one gets an opportunity like that, knowing the full history of a Corvette and being a second owner. So this is why I need to buy a house by then… instead of waiting for the sellers market to cool off… besides Iryn is whining for a new house, she hate apartment living.

All said and done, if this works out, I can retain my “Yellowjacket” name on this forum. LOL

Wish me luck...
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2019 at 3:01am by JackMoskovita »  

JackMoskovita use to be yellowjacket.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 7:04am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Good Luck!
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:32am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Sounds like a plan..good luck also.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:03pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

wish you nothing but good luck Jack!! sounds like an awesome car and at a very good price and who knows? it may even drop a bit in value by the time Pastor Vic gets his new Corvette. good luck with the House as well, if MaMa ain't Happy, no one is happy!! Love the Velocity Yellow too! but, you do know it's a manual shift right??
..............Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 3:28pm

JackMoskovita   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I miss my C3!

ve77er wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:03pm:
wish you nothing but good luck Jack!! sounds like an awesome car and at a very good price and who knows? it may even drop a bit in value by the time Pastor Vic gets his new Corvette. good luck with the House as well, if MaMa ain't Happy, no one is happy!! Love the Velocity Yellow too! but, you do know it's a manual shift right??
..............Chris  Smiley

Thank you all for the nice comments. Yes Chris, I know it's a manual, but I think the modern slap stick shift are easier. But no worries, I will be test driving it soon to find out if it hurts my bum left knee or not.
https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/02/why-the-2014-corvette-has-a-manual-t...

Jack,

You and Iryn have your priorities correct. House first. Yes, let's wait for a non-rain weekend so you can see and drive the car. In the meantime I hope the Lord blesses you with the right house at a fair price.

Vic

Well, it is going to be a huge difference going from a C3 to a C7. So much for the 40th or 50th anniversary plan I had.
I'll probably never have an older Corvette as I'm tired of fixing them anymore, plus even the ones that sit in garages without being driven are problems. I found out the hard way last time and it even concerns me with the 40th 50th year ones. Hence getting one that is 3-5 years old. I just want to have fun driving one.

BTW, a little more on Vic. He is a Pastor/Consultant but before that was a Chaplin for Army for nearly 40 years. A very nice man, he has always treated me very nice the five years I've known him.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2019 at 4:05pm by JackMoskovita »  

JackMoskovita use to be yellowjacket.
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 1:57pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

Jack,
I believe starting with the C-4's they have a hydraulic assisted clutch,to make shifting easier, I have driven every series except a C-7, but, Like you, I thinking my next one will be something newer, I thing you'll like the shifting in the C-7 I found the C-6 and C-5 I drove to be very easy to engage. best of luck I hope it comes to pass for you...........Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 5:39am

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

Yahoo, Jack we hope the best of both worlds for you and Irym. if this deal pulls thru just think how lucky of a couple you both shall be. Ann and I hope the best for you both and never give up on GOD.
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2020 at 1:13am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

UPDATE:

I test drove the Corvette last week and shifted just fine, even with my bum knee. What a blast it was to drive it, handling was unbelievable!

I might not get it until summer now because the production on his Corvette (other Corvettes) were delayed. What he said:
They are not making Corvettes until February. I will probably not see my new Corvette until this summer. I am about 2/3 down the allocation list of 15, number 11. Three have gone in already for builds. So, the next step for you is to see the Corvette, drive it, check it out. Plenty of time.

This is for the custom ordered Corvettes, not the dealer ones that sit in showrooms.Vic wants to keep his Corvette until then. Plus we both want to to do the dealer and our Corvette exchange at LeMay America Automobile Museum which may be featured in a Corvette Magazine.

Not everyday you buy a used Corvette that has all the records since new and I personally know the owner and the Corvette.

Yup, that is my Ram truck in one of the photos.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2020 at 1:16am by yellowjacket »  

0070-web.jpg (307 KB | 25 )
0070-web.jpg
0051-web.jpg (360 KB | 26 )
0051-web.jpg
0064-web.jpg (324 KB | 23 )
0064-web.jpg
0038-web.jpg (303 KB | 27 )
0038-web.jpg
0054-web.jpg (244 KB | 28 )
0054-web.jpg

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2020 at 6:46am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Nice looking rides there Jack!
The yellow is striking!

The ram looks pretty nice too!
We were just in Arizona where we rented a small car. The rental place offered us a free upgrade to a full sized 4 door ram truck so we took it! Nice riding rig they are!
We drove it to the Sonora Desert Museum and the off into the saguaro cactus forest. The truck did very well!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2020 at 8:17am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Great looking Corvette...that's alot of yellow Cool
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2020 at 7:36am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

You guys recognize the outfit I was wearing in the photo? Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2020 at 9:50am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Yes I still have a few  Cheesy
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Feb 28th, 2020 at 11:06am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I still have mine also!  Cool
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 10:19am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Won't be getting my friends 2014 because of this current Chinese Virus crisis. Bought a new travel trailer instead. Now was the time to buy one as all the auto/RV stores and non essential stores are shut down in WA until at least April 9th. I had looked at this trailer right before they had to close a week ago and made an offer that they refused. Said it would sell quickly at their price. I said "right", C'ya. Then after a week they were shut down and working online trying to sell RV's and we made an ridiculous offer and they accepted. Done deal, but can't pick it up until they open.

I'll go back to the original 40th ruby red anniversary Corvette plan I've had for awhile, maybe next year if things get better. Yes Chris, I still have the brochures you sent me, was just looking at one them this morning.  Smiley

6513b.jpg (673 KB | 36 )
6513b.jpg

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 6:09am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

You'll probably be happier with the travel trailer
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.