Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Turbo 400 Sitting value? (Read 94 times)
Oct 29th, 2019 at 7:28am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Hey all,
My original Turbo 400 tranny for my 69 has been sitting for say 10 years.
When stored it was in good working order and has a shift kit in it. Stored in a crate and in my shed with crate bolted closed.

Two Questions:
1) Do they go bad just sitting? Can it be flushed, re-installed and simply work again?

2) Is there any value in it? I was offered 100 bucks for it as a core from a guy who knows I have it. He'd like to stuff it in a 1/2 mile car.

For those curious, as far as I know it is original to my vette but I'll not likely ever put it back in my car. I do not have nor have I ever had the original motor for my car so having the original tranny I can not believe has any true value. As far as selling my car, that will likely be my executors problem!

Thanks for any input!
Scott 
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2019 at 7:28am by 69Shark »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2019 at 4:27pm

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

If it was me, it would have been gone 7 yrs ago. I'd take the 100.00 and call it done. jack

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2019 at 7:21am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I have to agree take the 100.00 & take the bride to dinner.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2019 at 9:04am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

OK, Done.

I really appreciate the input.
I am a natural collector and hate getting rid of stuff. However I am actively trying to change my ways.

The tranny will leave my house Saturday

Thanks Jack & Alan

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2019 at 7:17am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

I'm late, but I totally agree with Alan and "the other" Jack. Especially since you don't have the original motor.

Yup, make your bride happy with a fine dinner and wine somewhere... be sure to drive sharky when you do as sharky paid for it! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2019 at 7:19am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2019 at 8:32pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Medara, California

I would charge $125.00 so I could purchase the wife some flowers to.
....Mark

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 6:42am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

LOL!
The tranny is gone, bucks left on my counter top, and there is a big hole in the shed! LOL!

We were not home over the weekend so my brother took care of the deal for me.
Tranny has a new home and will likely go into a 1/4 mile car.

It kind of feels good to have let it go!

Scott

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.