Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
CORONAVIRUS!!! What's up in YOUR area? (Read 2284 times)
Mar 17th, 2020 at 5:28am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

CORONAVIRUS!!! What's up in YOUR area?

My Area? Unfortunately I'm 45 miles away from Kirkland (just across Lake Washington from Seattle) who became the epicenter for WA coronavirus outbreak and USA by far. UPDATE as of this morning: 48 deaths (29 in one place in Kirkland). 37 deaths for the rest of USA. That's how bad it is here. Shocked

Stores shelves are empty of things like toilet paper, wipes, masks, eggs, milk things like that. Everywhere, even way out in Port Hadlock 150 miles away from any big cities. (several relatives live out there) Pretty much everything like restaurants, fitness centers, bars etc are shut down. Downtowns are like ghost towns and behold, I-5 is not crowded anymore.

Fortunately I've seen something like this coming and was already well stocked up. And why I got out of liberazz democrap crazy Tacoma just in time last year! Everything paid off except for house.

I still think this panic is overblown by the media to cause panic to make Trump look bad before the elections. Seems to me in the same time period, the flu has killed more people by far. Most that catch Coronavirus survives. Check out the chart below. All you need to do is use "common sense" like you normally would during flu season, wash your hands a lot, don't go around large groups of people and if you do, stay 3-6 feet away from them.

I just saw this online, not the first:
Quote:
Instead of reporting the facts about the coronavirus outbreak, the media are irresponsibly exploiting this public health challenge to try to damage President Trump. While most outlets breathlessly report the number of people infected and killed by the virus, most fail to mention the number of people previously infected by the virus who have recovered with no lasting side effects. More than 50,000 people who have contracted the virus have recovered worldwide.

About the media caused panic:
https://www.aim.org/aim-column/medias-coronavirus-coverage-ignores-reality/?utm_...

Some stats links:
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-updates-united-states.html

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infograph...
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2020 at 7:07am by yellowjacket »  

Deaths.jpg (102 KB | 31 )
Deaths.jpg

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2020 at 1:16pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Only 5 people caught it here...must be more attracted to liberals Huh  Plenty of everything here except I did go to Costco last Friday & it was nuts so I left.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2020 at 3:12pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73 wrote on Mar 17th, 2020 at 1:16pm:
Only 5 people caught it here...must be more attracted to liberals Huh  Plenty of everything here except I did go to Costco last Friday & it was nuts so I left.
Alan Smiley
Yeah, I caught that. Your pretty safe there.

55 deaths here in WA and counting.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2020 at 3:38am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2020 at 5:51pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

This is a a serious issue. Elderly and health compromised are the ones in danger. The rest might get sick or not. I work a few miles from Kirkland and live 15 miles from there. The building I work in has already been closed once and disinfected once that I know of. I now work from home. Period. Good luck getting me back anytime soon. The problem is who knows if my family or even me are infected. We can not safely visit my parents, my wife’s mom, or really one of our sons.

Anyone who tries to politicize this is of sub standard intelligence.
Do I feel personally threatened by this? Not really. But I have many family members I could unknowingly infect. Many in the questionable group. What a horrible situation if someone got infected and passed because I dropped in and said “hi”.

No, most of us are going to have a distracted life for a while.
Others will have permanently changed lives.

Sorry guys. I get a bit protective of my loved ones.

Stay safe, care for yourselves, and live long healthy lives!
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 3:36am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

69Shark wrote on Mar 18th, 2020 at 5:51pm:
This is a serious issue. Elderly and health compromised are the ones in danger. The rest might get sick or not. I work a few miles from Kirkland and live 15 miles from there. The building I work in has already been closed once and disinfected once that I know of. I now work from home. Period. Good luck getting me back anytime soon. The problem is who knows if my family or even me are infected. We can not safely visit my parents, my wife’s mom, or really one of our sons.

Anyone who tries to politicize this is of sub standard intelligence.
Do I feel personally threatened by this? Not really. But I have many family members I could unknowingly infect. Many in the questionable group. What a horrible situation if someone got infected and passed because I dropped in and said “hi”.

No, most of us are going to have a distracted life for a while.
Others will have permanently changed lives.

Sorry guys. I get a bit protective of my loved ones.

Stay safe, care for yourselves, and live long healthy lives!
Scott
Well, the media has politicize this whole thing.

Smart to stay home. I do. However, my wife can't as they won't close down the banks and she works in the Puyallup downtown bank that is very busy. She complained of a sore throat an hour ago at 2am, so I got her a Vitamin C and multivitamin. I'm up now and can't sleep thinking she may have caught it. Hope not.

Yup, I can't go see my Mom any time in the near future as when I went down to Oregon two weeks ago, they wouldn't let me in as I was from WA near the outbreak. I guess 45 miles is too close. Can't blame them though.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 5:47am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Up to 16 cases so far here, but some of the stores look like bombs went off inside. It amazes me how many people live only for today...no planning for emergencies. The local hospital here which is one of the 10 largest in the USA is really stock pilling. I do feel sorry for all the elderly citizens who are at high risk plus all the people who are being laid off & are most likely many are living week to week.  It's a tough world out there & you have to plan for bad things or you'll be thrown aside.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 7:37am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

yellowjacket wrote on Mar 19th, 2020 at 3:36am:

YEP. since I am working from home I get to listen to the radio all day. It is amazing how the media can not focus on the true issue but instead try to lay blame and fault on others. Instead of focusing on how to fix the issue they want to blame.

sheesh.
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 7:45am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I agree Alan!
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 1:47pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

69Shark wrote on Mar 19th, 2020 at 7:37am:
yellowjacket wrote on Mar 19th, 2020 at 3:36am:

YEP. since I am working from home I get to listen to the radio all day. It is amazing how the media can not focus on the true issue but instead try to lay blame and fault on others. Instead of focusing on how to fix the issue they want to blame.

sheesh.
Scott

I'm also home all day and I watch Fox News and online stuff to keep track. I'll go for a nice drive to a remote lake or place away from people, like right now since the weather has been so nice.

Iryn was OK this morning when she went to work. They changed things there... no walk in's people have to use the drive through. They will let occasional business customers in, but Iryn is wearing mask and gloves and will stay 6 feet away from customers.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2020 at 1:54pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Mar 20th, 2020 at 8:11am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 8:00am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

The panic out here in NW is amazing... actually quite stupid. I still say the flu is worse, that don't just kill the old, but all ages... time will tell.

What is going to happen when we have a extended blackout, no electricity caused by cyber attack or EMP? Then you will see bad stuff like riots/looting. I see that coming in the future. I just hope it don't happen before this virus gets under control.

At least this current virus gives you somewhat of an idea of how people react in time of a crisis.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2020 at 8:01am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 3:04pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

How in the heck are we gonna pay for this bill that was just passed. I think China just won this war without firing a shot.

Also I'm very disappointed that Trump signed the bill. Amazed that he let the democraps sneak in some things that had NOTHING to do with Coronavirus!!! Angry

For an example, what in the Heck does the Kennedy
Center $100M arts funding have in relation to the Coronavirus???
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2020 at 11:24pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 10:44am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Well the governor has tightened up the rules here in WA that all non essential business must be close and stay home. All local and state parks are closed. Can't even get in to see a doctor anywhere unless it's life threatening or you have the Chinese Virus.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Apr 3rd, 2020 at 9:19am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

He just extended the lockdown for another month too. Guess I'll play my guitar some more!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Apr 3rd, 2020 at 10:40am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Yep, there goes Spring!  Angry
And my friend from Edmonton can't come down here May 5th like he always does every year... so now we're shooting for September.
Guess me and the wifey will be snuggling a lot Wink Roll Eyes
and watching lots of movies... when the sun  decides to come back out, do yard work at our new place.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.