Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Drones anyone? (Read 86 times)
Mar 22nd, 2021 at 8:53am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I started with a DJI Phantom 3 Pro. Used it a lot from the boat from Here to deep in Canada. A lot of sport flying but all a lot of photography and videos. The hobby completely replaced my RC planes and desire to fly them. I still have RC sailboats though. Back to drones.

While the Phantom is a fantastic platform for sport and photography it did show its true issues for me. Basically size. Fying from Destiny is not bad however from the dinghy it is a bit of a hassle. Large case. Heavy. Cumbersome. No travel with the Phantom
for me.Well, driving and boating yes but airplane? No way. While my D500 went to St Lucia with us and as far south as Tabago Keys, the Phantom did not even enter my mind.

DJI came out with the Mavic 2. Hard to believe all the hype. really? Can it equal and in some cases out perform my Phantom? That little thing? Well a while back I bit the bullet so to speak and purchased the Mavic 2 and fly more kit. OMG! What a Wonderfull piece of tech!! The drone takes photos and videos to rival my Phantom, has 30 minutes + flight time per battery, collision avoidance, and is PORTABLE! Folds up nicely, easy to carry, and can fly in literally a few minutes from bag to air! OK, the camera is good but not pro level but it is good!

So, recently DJI released the Mini 2. Basically a little Mavic. OMG! Even smaller and lighter than the Mavic 2! It falls well under the 250 grams weight limit for many country laws! Yes, I am registered with the FAA. However if I travel, I can take the Mini 2 pretty much anywhere and not HAVE to be registered! This little bugger is very good for its size! Admittedly it is not equal to the Mavic 2 or Phantom but it is very good, legal, and extremely portable! IT can literally fit in my coat pocket! I can see traveling with it. Riding the Harley with it. etc.  Technology is very cool!

Oh yeah, Both the Mavic 2 and the mini 2 are much less annoying sounding and much quieter than the Phantom! Bonus!

Jack, I can see you flying one of these things given your photography skills! Cinematic videos are extremely doable with these things!

Keep in mind though, as good as the mini 2 is, it has no collision avoidance and is more susceptible to wind concerns than the Mavic 2.

OK, I leave you to your regularly scheduled day!
Scott

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.