Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

My 6th Corvette will have to wait one more year! (Read 207 times)
May 17th, 2022 at 8:34am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

My 6th Corvette will have to wait one more year!

So proud of my wife, Iryn!
Iryn finally achieved her 17 year goal of becoming a KeyBank manager!

I decided to reward her for her hard work and got her a 2022 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road. This was suppose to be the year I got another Corvette, but I felt this was more important. She has been my sweetheart & best friend for 25 years now.

I'll still be able to get another Corvette next year as things are looking well for us. I'm leaning toward a Ruby Red 40th year anniversary Corvette! Meanwhile my Ram truck will do just fine:
https://moskovita-photography.com/2014_Ram_1500.html

I made Iryn's RAV4 unique with some graphics on sides and wheels just for her!

« Last Edit: May 17th, 2022 at 8:37am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 17th, 2022 at 8:40am

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

Jack, happy Wife = Happy Life.
Smart choice buddy.
Mike B

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2022 at 4:28am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

annmike wrote on May 17th, 2022 at 8:40am:
Jack, happy Wife = Happy Life.
Smart choice buddy.
Mike B

That's for sure and she is very happy!
I don't mind waiting another year for another Corvette.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 6:46am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

In case some of you are wondering why I bought a Toyota instead of an American car is firstly, Toyota has had a great reputation for many years, in fact they have won recent famous races such as the 24 hour lemans etc. However the real reason I bought it was because my wife, Iryn wanted one. She did have a Ford Edge for the past 8 years and I do have two American Cars, the Ford Ranger 4x4 and the Ram 1500 which is detailed a bit:

I will have  another Corvette as I've had five over the years.
So am I out of the doghouse or what?

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:59am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

You gotta buy what you feel is best for your situation. I'm kinda pissed off at GM for there attitudes regarding bad parts & refusing to own up to there cheap practices plus they've got there nose right up China's ass. I'll be looking at all brands next.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 1:05pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

Mary Barra and her green agenda heading towards electric cars across the board of GM soured me, I will never buy, rent or be forced into an electric car! I will buy a horse first!
.........Chris  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 10:31pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

I don't like battery power cars myself. Iryn wanted a Toyota Hybrid RAV4 Prime at first but I talked her out of it. 42 miles per charge... Whoopee. I will never own a electric car myself.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 5:32am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

yellowjacket wrote on Jun 1st, 2022 at 6:46am:
In case some of you are wondering why I bought a Toyota instead of an American car is firstly, Toyota has had a great reputation for many years, in fact they have won recent famous races such as the 24 hour lemans etc. However the real reason I bought it was because my wife, Iryn wanted one. She did have a Ford Edge for the past 8 years and I do have two American Cars, the Ford Ranger 4x4 and the Ram 1500 which is detailed a bit:

I will have  another Corvette as I've had five over the years.
So am I out of the doghouse or what?

Another reason I like Toyota, (even though I never owned one before now) is my Dad when I was a kid in 1962 I think, bought the first Toyota Landcruiser in the state of Oregon. We traveled up from Medford to Portland to get it. A couple years later Dad said the six cylinder engine lacked power, so he put in a balanced/blueprinted 327 for more low end power. The last car Dad owned was a Toyota pickup he had for 15 years before he passed on to the afterlife. I recall from those two Toyota's that they were super reliable.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2022 at 5:33am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 4:58am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I purchased 3 Toyota p/u's  (1976 models) 2 were a 5 speed 2wd long beds &1 was a 4wdr 4 speed  for my business. The first thing I noticed is that all the clamps & hardware on each truck was perfectly aligned & everything was just about perfect unlike cars manufactured in the USA. I put as camper on mine (5 spd) and camped all over the east coast. Never had a problem with any of them. Then I started to by GM trucks, but that's over now.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 1:03pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73 wrote on Jun 14th, 2022 at 4:58am:
I purchased 3 Toyota p/u's  (1976 models) 2 were a 5 speed 2wd long beds &1 was a 4wdr 4 speed  for my business. The first thing I noticed is that all the clamps & hardware on each truck was perfectly aligned & everything was just about perfect unlike cars manufactured in the USA. I put as camper on mine (5 spd) and camped all over the east coast. Never had a problem with any of them. Then I started to by GM trucks, but that's over now.
Alan Smiley

When I bought Iryn's 2022 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road SUV at the dealership, I looked at several of the pickups and I was impressed. Since I already have a RAM 1500 pickup, that was out. My Nephew has a Toyota TRD Tacoma pickup with all the goodies for past two years and he is pretty happy with it. He is an Watershed Engineer at City of Seattle so he uses his truck a lot for that when he is not using the company trucks. It's a pretty nice pickup.

BTW, gas prices around here went up 40 cents a gallon last week to $5.40  Angry  So I don't drive my Ram Pickup with the 450hp Hemi very much anymore, only when I have to, like towing the trailer camping etc.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2022 at 1:08pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.