Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Wilwood Aluminum Brake Calipers for C3 (Read 7825 times)
Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:12pm

Binnie   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Side Pipes Rock!

Wilwood just brought out brake calipers for the C3. They fit the original brackets and use OE brake pads. They do require different flex hoses, but other than that, they just bolt on. Has anyone tried them yet? Wilwood are sending me a full set to try and I am documenting the install here:http://corvettec3.ca/wilwood.htm

1977 ZZ4, 650 Speed Demon, 1.6 Rollers, Patriot Headers, TKO-500, Wilwood Brake Calipers & Master, Hydroboost, Hydraulic Clutch, Steeroids, Composite Monosprings, Bilstein Sports, DeWitts Rad

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 4:15pm

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

Binnie
I don't know about Wildwood. But I put the Force10 aluminum calipers from Stainless Steel Brake Corp. on my 73. They were a bolt on item and used the stock brake pads. Jack

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 6:44pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

Binnie wrote on Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:12pm:
Wilwood just brought out brake calipers for the C3. They fit the original brackets and use OE brake pads. They do require different flex hoses, but other than that, they just bolt on. Has anyone tried them yet? Wilwood are sending me a full set to try and I am documenting the install here:http://corvettec3.ca/wilwood.htm

How much will we have to shell out for these?  Wow! NEVER MIND!  -->> http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000050g~Z5Z5Z5ABY...     $1600 at Corvette Central!
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2009 at 6:57pm by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 4:51am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Binnie when I upgraded mine last yr & the cost was pretty close to a 1000.00 I certianly would have considered the New Wilwoods. Getting rid of almost 60lbs  in a plus also. Keep us posted after thew snow melts Grin
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 5:22am

MONKEYWRENCH202   Offline
Top Gun Member
GETTING THERE IS HALF
THE FUN!
MAPLE RAPIDS MICHIGAN

TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO INSTALLS AFTERMARKET BRAKES DAILY.  "WILWOOD" IS THE HIGHEST QUALITY STUFF OUT THERE.  I SELL MORE "WILWOOD" THAN ANYTHING ELSE.  THE FORCE 10 CALIPER IS A NICE PART, BUT SSBC HAS SOME OF THE WORST ENGINEERING ON EVERYTHING ELSE THEY MAKE.  THIER BRAKE KITS NEVER FIT, THEY ALWAYS NEED CUSTOM MACHINE WORK DONE ON THE PARTS, AND THEIR TECH GUYS ARE NOT TO HELPFULL.

I EVEN USE "WILWOODS" ON ALL MY BIKE PROJECTS.  I WOULDN'T USE ANYTHING ELSE.

Cool

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 7:52am

basketcase   Offline
Top Gun Member
One Day She will run,
oh yes she will!
Herndon, Virginia

Binnie, I would be willing to test a set on my frame off      Wink

1977 Burgundy Corvette.  In the middle of a restoration.
Currently, 3.36 gears, VBandP composite monoleafs, KYB shocks, built thm400 trans, 383 stroker engine, custom  headers, bumble bee paint scheme on the suspension.
Currently working on new body.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 8:39am

Binnie   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Side Pipes Rock!

basketcase wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 at 7:52am:
Binnie, I would be willing to test a set on my frame off      Wink

Well, you might have to test them for me....it is getting so cold here right now that I don't dare go near the car  Sad

1977 ZZ4, 650 Speed Demon, 1.6 Rollers, Patriot Headers, TKO-500, Wilwood Brake Calipers & Master, Hydroboost, Hydraulic Clutch, Steeroids, Composite Monosprings, Bilstein Sports, DeWitts Rad

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 9:53am

Top Gun Member
GETTING THERE IS HALF
THE FUN!
MAPLE RAPIDS MICHIGAN

I HAVE A CALL INTO MY "WILWOOD" REP, AS SOON AS I KNOW WHAT I CAN SELL THEM TO YOU GUYS FOR, I WILL POST $ HERE.

Cool

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 10:11am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

MONKEYWRENCH202 wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 at 9:53am:
I HAVE A CALL INTO MY "WILWOOD" REP, AS SOON AS I KNOW WHAT I CAN SELL THEM TO YOU GUYS FOR, I WILL POST $ HERE.

Cool

Where were you a yr ago????? Wink
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 11:19am

Top Gun Member
GETTING THERE IS HALF
THE FUN!
MAPLE RAPIDS MICHIGAN

RIGHT HERE!  JUST HIDING BEHIND THE 8 BALL Cool

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 12:23pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

MONKEYWRENCH202 wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 at 11:19am:
RIGHT HERE!  JUST HIDING BEHIND THE 8 BALL Cool

Grin Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:20am by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 3:09am

Top Gun Member
GETTING THERE IS HALF
THE FUN!
MAPLE RAPIDS MICHIGAN

I SENT JACK A PDF THIS MORNING W/ ALL THE WILWOOD TECH SPECS ON THESE CALIPERS.  FORUM MEMEBER PRICING WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS I GET IT.

Cool

Click on this link:
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/WILWOOD%20C3%20VETTE%20BRAKES.pdf
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:29am by yellowjacket »  
IP Logged

Reply #12 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 5:43pm

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 5:53pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Artsvettes wrote on Jan 16th, 2009 at 5:43pm:
  Page Not Responding   

The eBay page or feature you are attempting to access is not responding.
Please try the options below:
Try to access the feature directly from the eBay Home Page, instead of using a bookmark.
Wait a few minutes and try to access the feature again.
If you have waited ten to fifteen minutes and you still can't access your page:
Check our Announcement Board to see if the feature is currently unavailable. 

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #14 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 9:12pm
oz dave   Ex Member

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.