Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Price increase (Read 160 times)
Mar 2nd, 2021 at 8:30am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

Chevrolet announced the 2021 will increase in price by $1000 for the Base model Stingray Coupe it will now carry an MSRP of $60995 I guess the higher trim and soon to be released variants (Z-06, Grand Sport and ZR-1) will also go up substantially. But all things considered, it's still the best all around civil Sports car for the money
Chris Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 8:34am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I really want a C8 Convertible! LOL!
Not in the cards at the moment though!

Guess I'll be happy with my two door econobox!  Grin

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 6:37pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Did you see my post where the 2014 is out and I'm back to getting either the 40th or 50th Anniversary again... within a year hopefully. No thanks to Biden, after four years of low gas prices under Trump, in Biden's first month, it has gone up 80 cents per gal. Probably because he killed so many oil jobs already for the Green new deal.  Angry
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2021 at 6:46pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2021 at 8:37am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Yes, I saw the post. There was one on CL a few days ago and I thought of you. I need to get off my arse and put my baby's dash back together! LOL! All I wanted to do was put in LED bulbs and what a hole I fell into! Doh!

Oh well, she will be well lit when I'm done!
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2021 at 4:19am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Switching to led's is not as easy as it sounds, but once it's finished the finished product is well worth the effort.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2021 at 12:09pm

Binnie   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Side Pipes Rock!

When I had all the instrument clusters out trying to troubleshoot my starting problem, I replaced all the bulbs with led....WHAT A DIFFERENCE.  It was a PTA but happy with the result.

1977 ZZ4, 650 Speed Demon, 1.6 Rollers, Patriot Headers, TKO-500, Wilwood Brake Calipers & Master, Hydroboost, Hydraulic Clutch, Steeroids, Composite Monosprings, Bilstein Sports, DeWitts Rad

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 9:41am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I've been slowly putting her back together. I have to be careful to not knock bulbs loose LOL!

I'll at least have the tach and speedo done!
No need to pull the center gauges yet!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 4:20am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

I posted on here somewhere what I did. I made a harness for all the bulbs then they went to one plug so it's pretty easy to take the dash & center gauges in & out. Almost feel like I wasted my time as I never drive them at night Lips Sealed
Alan Smiley
found it
http://corvettec3.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1373213464
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2021 at 4:25am by 68-73 »  
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:05am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I've done the same with the speedo and tach. All new sockets and LED bulbs plus made my own harness for them. So far all is well. I have the two mounted to the dash pad but need to put the pad back in and the steering column needs to be rehung. I did hook up ground and power nd at a glance they look great! Haven't lost a bulb yet either which was an issue before. Bulbs could pop out of the old sockets pretty easily.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 9:07am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Yes that was very poor engineering design on GM's part considering what they charged for these cars at the time.  The engineer that designed that mess should have been told to go change some bulbs in the dash & center console...then fire him when he started to stutter
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 5:47am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 4:20am:
I posted on here somewhere what I did. I made a harness for all the bulbs then they went to one plug so it's pretty easy to take the dash & center gauges in & out. Almost feel like I wasted my time as I never drive them at night Lips Sealed
Alan Smiley
found it
http://corvettec3.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1373213464

Old post like this is what makes this forum unique!
We have tons of those here if member search or ask.

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.