Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Can't believe I forgot to post here! Race day! (Read 142 times)
Jul 13th, 2021 at 11:30am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

This first one is simply a good burnout and a good run. Best part is the show the other guy put on before the race! Drag radials, tire prep, attitude, stickers on car, all indicating how fast he is.
He did red-light AND run a slower ET! LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H7kSSLekHQ

This video is my first 11's ever! My brides reaction is good enough for me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcbZW3QmkwA

This last one is against my son. His challenger is a 13.5 car but he broke his throttle cable on this run!
You can see my tires are now sticky and don't need a good warm up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELFV1C8-BYc

Compliments to my bride for the videos! She is a sport! Her 2007 vette ran 13.0 with our middle son driving it!
Very cool!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2021 at 4:41am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

You sure have that 69 dialed in...love how a vet just squats & gets.  That feature sure surprises lots of people. Those 17's make a big difference
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2021 at 12:24pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Yes sir and thank you!
She squats very nicely! That second video she looks like she almost lifted the front end!

The last video the tires were so sticky I was pushed forward and had to let out of the burnoff! LOL! Just wish my son had a better run in the challenger! He did a great job building that car and it is beautiful inside and out!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2021 at 4:40am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

It's not easy to get a car to hook  & go straight. The vets are almost dialed in from the start and that's why those half shaft safety loops are needed. I spent a lot of time on my Dodge and finally went to:
Lowering the rear, installed air shocks. But when I want to blast off I let the air out. Put the batteries (2) in the trunk & dialed in the traction bars to launch straight. Only took a few years Roll Eyes
Alan Smiley
i

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2021 at 10:22am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I cheated and had my brother and his friend as advisors also!
Heck I did not even know there was a differences in how you line up.
My brother would come out and guide me when lining up.  Yeah, I watch on TV all this happening but I did not know how important it is even on a street car. What a difference when you are "In the Groove" LOL!

Either way, My racing is limited to every few years at the most. Not like my brother. My car is for street driving and now I can claim she is quick and back it up with hard numbers! All in street trim! However, on the street I still can not hook up that well.

The 17's are better for sure as well as just freeway driving! Less wondering and such. Does not seem as darty.

Fun stuff!  Cheesy I can also claim her quicker than Dianes 07 with real numbers too! LOL! I knew it was but still . . . .
Scott
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2021 at 10:27am by 69Shark »  
IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.